History of Schwarzer Spedition
The history of our company began more than 100 years ago in today’s Polish town of Bystrzyca Kłodzka, formerly called Habelschwerdt. It was the year 1913, a very restless time with the First World War appearing on the horizon. Nevertheless Heinrich Schwarzer had the courage to found his own company Heinrich Schwarzer – Motorfahrzeuge. A firm that first dealt with the repair of trucks and cars in the former Silesia.
- More than 100 years of Schwarzer Spedition
In these 100 hundred years our company has had many ups and downs. Heinrich Schwarzer managed to expand his company to 20 employees by the end of the Second World War. At the end of the war Habelschwerdt became part of the Russian Occupation Zone and Josef Schwarzer, son of the founder, started from scratch in the West, in the Lower Saxonian municipality of Steinfeld. The new company was founded as early as 1946, this time as a freight company whereby an old German army truck, a Ford V8, created the foundation.
Three years later the first new vehicle arrived, a Büsing with diesel engine, which was more economical than the original gasoline-powered Ford.
Our already established orientation towards the agricultural sector was reinforced by the purchase of a silo vehicle in 1965. At that time the third generation of the son, Joachim Schwarzer, was working in the company.
- Things get tight on the old place
In 1966 a property in Handorfer Straße was made accessible and a workshop as well as an office building were built there.
In the year 1990 the Schwarzer Spedition’s family history continued with the entry of Klaus Schwarzer. From that moment on, our business area was extended to warehousing. The second large storehouse was built.
- New times
After the turn of the century, in 2003, Rolf Schwarzer, the brother of Klaus Schwarzer, joined the company.
In 2016 the first branch in Itzehoe was built by the acquisition of the "Paulsen Gütertransporte" company. From Itzehoe about 15 multi-chamber silo vehicles are available and they are primarily used for our customers in Hamburg, Schleswig Holstein and Mecklenburg Vorpommern.
In 2014 and 2017 the storage capacity at the "Habelschwerdter Str." site was extended with a hall by around 7,500 sqm of the storage area.
At the beginning of 2018 the BDV Logistik,Sendenhorst joined the Schwarzer Group as well as the Hilgers Transport, Monheim a. R. together with the Schimmler Spedition, Bremen as of January 2020.
We are currently provided with about 460 employees, approx. 325 pulling units and roughly 510 trailers in different constructions. At the Steinfeld site we manage the most diverse products of our customers in a 120,000 m² forwarding facility in various logistics halls, which have a total area of over 30,000 m².
Since June 2020 our own truck cleaning and crate washing plants are supplied by our new CHP system. This acquisition allows us to substantially and sustainably reduce the energy consumption at our location in Steinfeld.
Most recently, since July 2020, two new halls of about 3,000 m² have been built on site.